Thursday, August 29, 2013

Housewarming Gift

A good friend of mine and her husband just bought their very first home. They have two beautiful children and have worked very hard to achieve this dream, so when I went to visit today, I wanted to bring them a little housewarming gift. I did a little Pinterest searching for ideas, then set to work creating something of my own. This little basket is what I came up with.



Inside was: a loaf of bread wrapped in a tea towel with a tag that read, "Bread - That this house may never know hunger."

A salt grinder with a tag that read, "Salt - So you'll never find yourself in a pinch."

A candle with a tag that read, "Candle - So you will always have light in the darkness."

And a bottle of honey with a tag that read, "Honey - For a sweet life in your new home."

I was really happy with how cute it came out. It's not much, but just enough to show them that I'm happy for them and wish them nothing but the best in their new home.



And a little credit where credit is due: The blank tags are from Smitten Blog Designs and I just added my own text to them.

No comments :