Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day

Audrey and I were in line at the grocery store the other day and there was a little, elderly woman in front of us. She must have swiped her debit card 10 different times and kept entering the wrong pin number. I thought about paying for her groceries myself, but I only had cash on me and not enough for her groceries and mine. Finally, the woman behind me swiped her card and bought the woman's groceries for her. Even though the kindness wasn't directed at me, I knew I wanted to pay it forward somehow. Today, we did just that! In honor of Earth Day and that kind, selfless woman behind us at the store, Audrey and I picked up an entire trash bag full of trash from just a small section of a street in our neighborhood that we walk on all the time.



So now I'm asking you to pay it forward somehow. Take pride in your neighborhood. Happy Earth Day!!

No comments :