Monday, November 5, 2012

Trick-or-Treat!

Last year, Audrey was so young that we only took her to a few family members' houses to show off her costume on Halloween. This year, we actually took her out trick-or-treating! Granted, we only went to a handful of houses on our street and to some family, but it was about the experience. And she had a great time!

We practiced for a week saying "Trick-or-Treat!" and "Happy Halloween!" and "Thank you!" That all went out the window as soon as we hit the first house. She started to play shy and would only sign "thank you." Unless they had a dog, of course, and then she was smiling, waving and shouting, "Hi, dog!!!"

Anyway, despite the shyness, she said she had a good time and she was smiling, so I think we can say it was a success. She was pretty darn cute, too! She dressed up as a Cabbage Patch Kid, and actually wore the same exact costume that my mom made for me 25 years ago. She is a couple years younger than I was when I wore it, but she was so adorable in it.

My mom saved it all these years because it was so much work to make. So I took it out of a box in the basement, washed it, tacked it up in a few places and ironed it. It turned out really well and everyone commented on how much they loved the costume and how adorable she looked!

This is the comparison shot. That is Audrey on the left and little ol' me on the right.
(This photo of Audrey and the two below were a test run of trying it on, so it hadn't been ironed yet and it wasn't stuffed.)

 Ready to go Trick-or-Treating!

 Looking in her bucket after the first house and knocking on a door with Dada.


I just love my baby girl!