Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Exciting news!

Good news has been rare around these parts recently. But yesterday, I got an exciting request! I have been asked to display some of my photography at a coffee shop in my hometown in December!!

I was quite shocked at first. I don't really consider myself that good, but I think that mindset is good for me. If I don't think I'm as good as I should be, then it motivates me to learn and take better photos. But apparently there are people out there that think I am good enough for this and want me to have the courage to share my photos with others!

So I agreed! Not that this is a big art show or a museum or anything, but it might as well be to me! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I have to start going through all my photos and maybe taking a few new ones, and deciding which ones I want to display. And hopefully this will motivate me to finally finish designing my photography blog, so it's ready for around the same time.

In the next few weeks, I may even post some photos and ask for your help choosing! So stick around...knowing my indecisive self, I'm certainly going to need all the help I can get!

3 comments :

Shana Putnam said...

That is awesome news!! Congratulations!

Sonya said...

that is super exciting! I hope you share what you choose to display.

GodseySix said...

WOOHOO! How exciting! I think you photos are great and you are totally worthy of the recognition. I cant wait till you ask our advise on the pics! :) I had fun with the "pumpkin vote" just now. :)