Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Roasted Chick Peas

If you read my blog or follow me on Twitter, you probably know how much I LOVE chick peas. I'll eat a whole can in a sitting, straight out of the can, with a little Italian dressing on them or blended up into some yummy hummus.

I recently came across a recipe for roasted chick peas and I am absolutely ADDICTED! They are my new favorite snack, so I had to share with all of you!

Roasted Chick Peas

1 can chick peas
olive oil
salt
garlic powder
your choice of seasoning
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Drain chick peas and dry on paper towels.
In a bowl, toss with a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder and salt to taste,
and your choice of seasoning. The recipe I found called for cayenne, but I'm not
a big fan of spicy, so I used rosemary instead. Spread them evenly on a cookie
sheet (I line mine with foil for easier cleanup.) Bake for 30-40 minutes, watching them
carefully at the end to make sure they don't burn, until golden and crispy. I also
noticed that mine popped quite a bit so I put a loose piece of foil over the top
just to keep them from popping off the cookie sheet.
You can eat them warm or room temperature, but I guarantee they'll
be gone before they cool! Enjoy!


1 comment :

Sonya said...

i am going to have to try this! I love chickpeas. :)