Monday, August 27, 2012

The Night Circus

"And there are never really endings, happy or otherwise. Things keep going on, they overlap and blur, your story is part of your sister's story is part of many other stories, and there is no telling where any of them may lead. Good and evil are a great deal more complex than a princess and a dragon, or a wolf and a scarlet-clad little girl. And is not the dragon the hero of his own story?"
I just finished reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and I absolutely loved it. I don't usually care for books that go back and forth in time and/or between lots of different characters, but Morgenstern executes it to perfection and the result is magic. The story flows flawlessly and the characters are enchanting and captivating. In the end, the characters and story come together seamlessly, and not in an overly predictable way. It is not a book I would have probably chosen to read on my own, but I'm really glad a friend recommended it and that I took her word on it.




1 comment :

Sonya said...

I haven't heard of this one. I will have to check it out.