Thursday, August 23, 2012

perspective

Our errands this morning ran into nap time and Audrey fell asleep before our last stop. So I took her out of the car seat and put her head on my shoulder thinking we'd only be a minute or two. She weighs just about 30 pounds now, so as I waited at the pharmacy, standing and holding her for 5...10...20 minutes, I started to get irritated. It shouldn't have been taking this long and she is heavy. I finally found a place to sit down and an older gentleman stopped right by us. He smiled at me and said, "She's beautiful. I wish I could still hold my kids while they slept." Then he just walked away. I smiled and looked at my little sleeping beauty. Thanks for the dose of perspective, mister.

1 comment :

Sonya said...

It is amazing how the things we seemingly dislike or take advantage of are the things we will miss the most when we can no longer do them.