Thursday, April 11, 2013

Out of the mouths of babes...

This conversation actually happened with my two year old yesterday.

Audrey: I want a sandwich.
Me: I'm sorry. What was that?
Audrey: Please?
Me: "Please" what?
Audrey: Please can I have a sandwich, Mama? I don't want to have to say it again.

HA! I guess she does listen to me! It gets better...

Me: I wouldn't want you to have to say it again. That was a very nice way to ask, thank you. What kind of sandwich would you like?
Audrey: Penguins! (She has a penguin sandwich cutter.)
Me (laughing): Okay, but what would you like me to put on your sandwich?
Audrey (exasperated): You make a sandwich with bread, Mama!
Me: I know that, sweetheart. What would you like Mama to put on the bread?
Audrey: Well, peanut butter and jelly sounds nice.

I swear I couldn't make up half the things that come out of her mouth if I tried!


1 comment :

Sonya said...

I LOVE conversations with kids!!

she cracks me up