Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spinach Salad

Spinach is one of my favorite vegetables. I like it cooked, but I love it raw! We use it in our Green Monster smoothies all the time. But when I'm craving a salad, I usually prefer spinach to lettuce. I came up with this salad one day and it has become one of my favorite combinations.

My Favorite Spinach Salad
Fresh baby spinach
Hard boiled egg
Toasted pine nuts
Dried cranberries
Ranch dressing

You can use any amounts that look right to you. Specific measurements aren't necessary. To me, toasting the pine nuts is a must. Just put them in a dry, hot pan and keep them moving around. Watch them closely because it doesn't take long for them to go from perfectly toasted to burnt. And of course, it can't be any old ranch dressing. It has to be my favorite one, because for me nothing else compares. But you can use any dressing you like.


No comments :