Friday, June 6, 2014

End of the Year Teacher Gifts

When I asked Audrey what she wanted to get her pre-school teachers for an end of the year appreciation gift, she said ice cream. An expected answer from a 3 1/2 year old, but not all that easy to execute without a melting, dripping mess. So I took the idea, did some research and ran with an ice cream theme, without the actual ice cream.

We started by making some homemade hot fudge. We got the recipe over at Averie Cooks and it was super simple and quick!



Then I made these simple mason jar lid labels in Word. I just made a colored circle the size of the lid, added the words, printed on card stock, and cut them out.

We picked up some ice cream sundae cone bowls and small jars of sprinkles, too. I took the cone bowls out of the box and wrapped them in a prettier cellophane bag, and peeled the label off of the sprinkles.


I found these cute ice cream cone gift tags over at Eat Drink Chic. I added "Just add ice cream!" and "Here's the Scoop: I loved having you as my teacher! Have a great summer!" Then I let Audrey sign her name.

Finally, we were looking for a small basket or something to put everything in, when we walked past these large, colorful, plastic margarita glasses. Audrey said, "Look, Mommy! Ice cream bowls!" She insisted she wanted these and I thought it was funny. Her teachers could use them for ice cream or for their intended purpose! I put everything in the glasses, wrapped them in cellophane, tied the tags on with curly ribbon and voila!

Her teachers loved them and Audrey was so proud!

No comments :