Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day T-shirts

Father's Day was pretty low key here. But Audrey and I did make these t-shirts for her Daddy and Pa a few days before.

I got the idea for the t-shirts over at Sugar Bee Crafts. She embroidered her shirt, and my basic sewing machine does not do that, so I just used acrylic paint that I already had. I did change the words a little bit.

I didn't take any pictures as we made them, but I used the same process I used to make these personalized dish towels.
You can read more about the process in my other post, but basically: print words on mat side of freezer paper, cut out letters with x-acto knife, iron on freezer paper, dab on acrylic paint, let dry, repeat two more times, heat set with iron and in the dryer. Then her hand prints were in acrylic paint as well, heat set with the iron and dryer after they had dried.

They came out so cute and Daddy and Pa both loved their shirts!

No comments :