Monday, September 20, 2010

Pregnancy thoughts

I had my gestational diabetes test this morning, and even though it's not something I would willingly drink, I didn't think it was quite as bad as everyone makes it seem.

I've always slept on my side. Always. But sleeping on my side makes my hips ache like crazy now. I must flip sides at least 4 or 5 times a night.

Speaking of sleeping, I think the pillows I stuff around myself are taking up more space in our bed than my hubby and I combined.

I am 24 weeks & 5 days pregnant, and so far I've gained 12 pounds.

I'm okay with the weight gain because it's all in my belly so far, but my back isn't liking it too much. You wouldn't think 12 pounds would make that much of a difference, but it definitely does.

The doctor told me today to make sure I get a flu shot. I don't really believe in flu shots, so I don't know how I feel about this.

I religiously rub cocoa butter on my belly twice a day. I don't know if I really believe it will prevent stretch marks, but it certainly can't hurt and my belly is super soft.

I have a wedding to go to in a month. I tried on my favorite black satin peep-toe pumps with my new dress and they are too tight. My feet aren't swollen either. I cried.

No, I'm not kidding, I cried over shoes. But they are beautiful, sexy shoes that I was looking forward to wearing.

I booked our childbirth class for November. *REALITY CHECK* I actually have to give birth in 3 months. Terrifying.

My hubby and I agree on 2 names for baby girl, but I'm not in love with either of them. One of them I really like, but the possible nicknames people may call her are horrible to me. The other name I'm not completely crazy about, but I absolutely love the nickname we would call her. My all time top 2 names were taken by my hubby's brother and friend in the last 2 months, so I would feel weird naming her one of those.

So, any baby girl names you want to share to help us out?? I'll tell you my first 2 choices that we can't use were Sophia and Addison. Nicknames would have been Sophie or Addie. And her middle name will definitely be Ann-Marie, after my mom and sister. Any suggestions?? Please?

6 comments :

Unknown said...

Abigail - Abby
Sonia - Sunny/Sonny
Chloe
Mia
Alyssa - Lyss
Alexis - Lexi
Lily - Lil

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Isn't it amazing how what seems like just a little weight can affect you so much!!! I still haven't done my diabetes test - I am one of the ones that hates the stuff - it makes me feel so ill!!

As for the flu shot - I highly recommend getting one for yourself. When your baby is born all of their immunities come from you, they don't make any in the beginning and will be susceptible to EVERYTHING. If you get the shot that means your baby is covered after birth and you don't have to worry about either of you catching the flu (the flu in young babies is very very dangerous).

Sonya said...

I like "little miss spy" suggestion for Sonia only spell is SONYA and no nicknames! just saying. :) No really I love both names Sophia and Addison. Sophia and Sonya are actually similar names in their meanings and such. Addison was one of my top picks before we were ever pg with Lauren but my cousin took it. Same middle name too, we just so happen to both have Renee as a middle name. I like Jordan, Paige, Lorelei, Elina. I should get out my name list from Lauren, I have a ton on there.

If your back is really hurting you, they make support belts. I wore one almost my entire pregnancy with Colton because I hurt all the time and my hips were constantly going out of place. Only giving birth helped that one. :) At night I would sleep propped up on two pillows, one between my legs and my feet and some behind my back.

I was totally against flu shots too and I was pregnant during the whole "swine flu" thing and I was highly encouraged by my doctor and the nurses to get both the regular flu shot and the H1N1 shot. The way they explained it to me is that Colton will be too young during flu season to get a shot and the best chance he has for not getting it is for everyone around him to have been vaccinated. It is horribly dangerous for an infant to get any type of illness when they are super young because they don't make antibodies and they actually get them from the mother...SOOOOO I got the shots.

Sorry about the shoes. My feet are still swollen from having Colton so I am not much help in that issue. I am amazed you even wanted to wear heels. My feet and back wouldn't have liked that at all.

Giving birth is terrifying but it is all worth it in the end and you "forget" about it. Not really, I will never forget the experience of giving birth to either of my children but something happens after birth to make it not seem that bad. Otherwise everyone would be an only child!!!! :)

Sonya said...

I seriously just wrote you the longest comment ever and an not sure it went through! I hope it did, if not I'll just send you an email. :)

Katrina said...

Haha! I piled the bed with pillows when I was pregnant too. I was desperate for any kind of comfort.

I wish I had some ideas for you but picking out baby names is ridiculously hard for me. It took us forever to agree on a name with Aidyn. I do really love the names you were planning on though.

GodseySix said...

I like boy names for girls (although my hubby does not, so therefore our girls have girly names) but I like:

Dylan
Marley
and Jacyn (pronounced like Jason).

Our youngest's name is Elysa (after her pediatrician) and I really have grown to love the name, but I really like Elise, too.

I love baby names! Can't wait to hear what you name your daughter!

As far as the flu shots go, I was strongly advised by my OB to get one with my last 3 and I refused. Never had one, don't plan on starting now. My kids, well, they've never had one either. And I get the stare every time I decline it for them. Just do whatever you feel most comfortable doing, it's your body & your baby girl! :)