Wednesday, September 26, 2012

L L F M D: Have faith and build a relationship with God


9. Have faith and build a relationship with God.

I honestly don't care (too much) how often you go to church, or which church you choose to worship at. What is important to me is that you do the work and build a relationship with God. Talk to Him. Ask for guidance. Have faith that He has a plan for your life and that He is in control. This is hard, sweetheart. I struggled for a long time (and still do to a lesser extent) with letting go of control and trusting that God has an even better plan for my life than I do for myself. Life can be difficult, but if you cling to this faith and remember that everything really does happen for a reason, I promise you it will help you through. It really has helped me through so much in my life, including my journey to have you. There is one passage in particular that I repeated over and over to myself on a daily basis for a long time. 
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
I hope it brings you comfort, too.

No comments :