Friday, January 23, 2009

The age old toilet seat dilemma

I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Who knew that being unemployed would keep me so busy?!

Anyway, I have a funny story for you. But first, let me give you a little background. My hubby and I have been together for just over 8 years. We have lived together for the majority of those years. My hubby is 1 of 5 children. He has 3 older brothers and 1 younger sister. Growing up in their house, there were 5 males to 2 females. As you can imagine, the toilet seat was probably almost always up in their house. I, however, grew up in a house of 3 females to 1 male and our toilet seat was always down.

When we first started living together the toilet seat was a bit of an issue but I tried to be patient. Then one night, I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, proceeded to sit down and fell DIRECTLY INTO THE BOWL! I'm sure you're laughing, and I can have a good laugh at it now, but that night, it was not even the tiniest bit funny! Since that night, my hubby has ALWAYS put the toilet seat down. ALWAYS. For that, I am very grateful.

Anyway, the other day I walked into the bathroom and this is what I saw:

So I grabbed my hubby, pulled him over to the bathroom, and said, "What is this?!" He thought I was mad at this point, started to get defensive and said, "So I forget once..." I just burst out laughing. I thought it was HILARIOUS. They say it takes doing something 21 times to make it a habit. After 8 years, I thought it was the funniest thing that he left the toilet seat up!

Of course, I only thought it was so funny because it was the middle of the day and I was awake and alert enough to notice that it was up before I sat down!

No comments :