Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

I hope you all had a fun New Year's Eve last night! I enjoyed a nice, relaxing night at my parents' house with my parents, hubby, sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law. I was the only one to actually make it to midnight though! *hahaha* My hubby was sick and sleeping by like 8:30 pm, but I woke him up a minute before the ball dropped. I woke him up more because I didn’t want to ring in the New Year alone, than for the fact that I didn’t want him to miss it! ;) We wished each other a happy new year, kissed and went to sleep!

Today was a pretty low key day too, although we did have some excitement tonight. As we were sitting on the couch watching some college football, my parents' tree slowly started to tip over. I ran and grabbed it before it went through the window! My hubby, dad and I got it standing back up, only to have it fall again 10 minutes later. We got it standing up one more time and 20 minutes later it was falling again, so we made the executive decision to take it down. It was a really pretty tree this year and my mom certainly won't be happy when she gets home from work tonight, but it's not like we didn't try to keep it up. Below you can see it in all it's glory on Christmas morning.

Luckily, only 3 ornaments broke during this fiasco and they were just generic glass balls, nothing sentimental. We got the rest of the ornaments off the tree, took all the lights off, and then my hubby and dad got it outside. We had all the ornaments stacked up on the coffee table while we were taking the tree apart. They looked really pretty haphazardly piled up so I snapped a photo.
So that was my excitement for New Year's Day! Now we'll just have to survive the wrath of Mom when she gets home from work...

No comments :