Friday, January 9, 2009

Out with the old

The best way that I've found to lift my mood or feel better is to do something for someone else. Yesterday afternoon, my hubby and I were just sitting around the house and decided to clean out our closets. We usually do this twice a year, but it had been awhile so this was as good a time as any!

As you can see, we each filled a trash bag with clothes that didn't fit or that we didn't wear anymore. I filled mine a little bit more than my hubby did, but I was quite proud of how much he got rid of. He doesn't like to part with anything.

All these clothes will go to the Haiti Plunge Program through the COTY Project first. Haiti Plunge is a project that I've had the privilege of participating in twice, and that my dad, aunt, and uncle have also participated in. Anything that they do not want will go to the Salvation Army.

So our closets have a little more space, we have 2 big bags of clothes to give to people that have very little, and our moods got a little bit of a lift for helping other people. I'd say it was more than worth the time and effort it took to sort through everything!

No comments :