Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mayan Ruins

Our last stop on our cruise was Mexico. I had been to the Mayan Ruins before and I was really looking forward to being creative and taking a lot of photos this time. When we left the ship it was cloudy but not raining so I thought it would still turn out to be a good day.

We got to Tulum, took the tram to the ruins and then the sky opened up! We didn't have an umbrella or a poncho and it POURED. We were drenched from head to toe for a good 2 hours.

There was one girl there with an umbrella, and she offered it to my grandmother instead of keeping it for herself (nice girl, right?!) So, luckily, I was able to get a few photos by holding my camera under the umbrella, but I wasn't able to be as creative as I was hoping.


BEAUTIFUL view of the ocean.



My hubby and my gram.

Flower growing out of the ruins.










The Mayans were apparently a lot shorter than my hubby.






There is something about this place that is so beautiful to me. I hope that I'm able to go back there again in my life, hopefully on a sunny day!

And the day wouldn't be complete without a towel animal in our room...this day...a lobster!

Tomorrow, photos of our last day at sea.

2 comments :

Katrina said...

It looked like a fun vacation!
What I wouldn't give to be laying in the sun right now. :)

Sonya said...

beautiful!!