Friday, October 19, 2012

L L F M D: Find a healthy escape from the stresses of life.


10. Find a healthy escape from the stresses of life.

No one has the perfect life. We all have stresses that we have to deal with. And while we do have to deal with them at some point, sometimes it is okay to escape from them, if the escape is healthy. We all need to get out of our own head for a while every now and then. For me, my escape is a good book. I get lost in a story and involved in characters' lives. And when I'm done, I'm able to face my own life and obstacles with a fresh outlook or a new approach.

For some people, their escape is a hot bath, or painting, or running, or meditation, or building things. For other people, that escape can be drugs, or alcohol, or self-destructive behavior. The choice is yours whether you choose an escape that is healthy and will help you recharge and face your stresses in a healthy way, or whether you choose an escape that will only make the obstacles in your life more difficult. I hope you find a healthy way to escape your life for a little while when necessary, and return to face your obstacles head on, with a clear heart and mind.


No comments :