Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bet you didn't know...

Last night I was laying in bed, having trouble falling asleep (which seems to be the norm for me lately) and I started thinking about all the little things you might not know about me. For example:
  • Sometimes my husband falls asleep with his arms around me, and even though there's no way I could ever fall asleep like that, I lay perfectly still and barely breathe. I know as soon as I make the tiniest movement, he'll roll over, and there's no place I feel safer and more loved than in his arms.
...or how about the fact that:
  • I "write" much more eloquently in my head the first time the thoughts start to flow. As soon as I put a pencil to paper or start to type...
See what I mean? I can't even finish that sentence! But I think you get the idea. And I bet you didn't know that:
  • I've always felt 4-5 years older than my peers in terms of what I want in my life. I finally have a friend that is on the same page as me, and it's indescribably reassuring to be able to chat about what I want and how I'm feeling and have them truly understand.
...and I love the internet, but did you know:
  • I absolutely dread talking on the phone! I find it incredibly awkward. When I talk to my sister on the phone, I can barely find enough to say to talk for 5 minutes. But when we Skype, we can talk for half an hour.
Oh, and:
  • I often dream about random people from my past and spend the next day wondering where they are, what they're doing now, and what my life might be like if things went differently and they were still a part of my life.
This actually wasn't on my list last night, but I happened to dream about a person from my past last night, so it was on my mind. I had a list of like 15 things going in my head, but that's all I can think of now. So, I hope you still learned something new about me.

How about you? Is there some little thing that I might not know about you from simply reading your blog?

4 comments :

Sonya said...

That is so sweet about your husband. I love it when mine does that but he always says it isn't comfortable for him so that is few and far between.

I too feel alot older than my peers, I always have. Actually most of my friends have always been older than me, but crazy enough my best friend is younger. My husband is older. Almost 9 years older to be exact.

Hmmm what else do I think you would like to know about me but can't find on my blog??? Gosh this is tough! I don't have anything that interesting to say right now I guess. :)

Jennifer said...

I love the bedtime snuggle too -- up until he starts to snore in my ear.....

And, I, too....HATE to talk on the phone! It was a sore spot for me when I was working in the corporate world - once upon a time - a meeting planner. The phone is a lifeline for the meeting planner -- but for me, it was an anchor around my neck.

Hope you got some sleep after all that thinking!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com/

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Man, you are ODD! kidding. I do the same thing with my husband. He is a huge snuggler, but I am not.
Oh, and I never finish sentences in real life. Those who know me always finish them for me.

Katrina said...

I'm the same with writing! I sound amazing in my head and then I struggle with it as soon as it comes to actually writing it. I often feel 10 years older than I truly am, I can text all day but please don't make me talk on the phone haha, and I also dream of people from my past and sometimes I end up running into them after that. It's odd.

In regards to you having trouble falling asleep-- I hope everything is going well with you! I find I'm in the same situation when I'm stressed.