Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sweet summertime!

The sun has finally decided to make an appearance here in New England, and I couldn't be happier! I spent the afternoon outside, soaking up the sun and playing some golf with my hubby!

But we also had some beautiful weather last weekend when I was in my hometown for a good friend's wedding. I hadn't really looked at my photos from last weekend that closely because I've been waiting for my new editing software to come in the mail, and I knew if I looked through them I'd be anxious to edit. But I couldn't take it any longer and took a peak through!

I was sitting in the grass with 2 of my sister-in-laws and my niece, the day after the wedding, when I snapped this photo. I think it's close to perfect straight out of the camera, so I thought I'd share!


If someone told me that there was an actual person on this Earth who was "Mother Nature" my first guess would most definitely be my sister-in-law. I've taken so many beautiful photographs of her outside because she is so relaxed and in her element when her bare feet are in the grass.

Hope you all had your bare feet in the grass or the sand this weekend and enjoyed your 4th festivities!

3 comments :

Sonya said...

That is a great shot! I am glad you had a good time. It is nice to see you back. :)

Jennifer said...

LOVE the photo!! Glad you had a nice day out!!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

What a nice picture! I wish I felt as comfortable in the grass ... I always worry about bugs on me!