Sunday, March 31, 2013

46 Days of Gratefulness - Week 6 + 4 days

Happy Easter!

The past 46 days have been a great time of reflection for me. And today I am reflecting most on the sacrifice Jesus made for me. I am incredibly grateful for the blessings I have focused on over the last six and a half weeks, but I know that my blessings are far more abundant than just those 46 things. 

Day 36
I am grateful for the easy access and availability I have to clean drinking water. I have witnessed with my own eyes areas of the world that do not have this convenience and it is not something I take for granted.

Day 37
I am grateful to live in an area where I can watch the change of the seasons, watch the ice melt as the air around it warms. I am grateful for the reminder that this change is, that even as something ends, something else begins.

Day 38
Today I am grateful for a freshly sharpened No. 2 pencil.

Day 39
I am grateful for music and its ability to engage, inspire, heal and connect people.

Day 40
I am grateful for the anticipation and excitement that accompanies embarking on something new. I am grateful that there are people in this world who will still freely share their knowledge and passion to help others embrace the things they love as well.

Day 41
I am grateful for the beauty of natural light, for the highlights and shadows it creates, and for the way it can transform an object.

Day 42
I am grateful for the soothing sound of the ocean, whether it is real or artificial. There is something about it that calms my mind and brings me back to myself when I start to feel overwhelmed.

Day 43
I am grateful for my sister and the unique friendship you can find in a sibling. It is unlike any other friendship because no one understands you quite in the way a sibling does, as they have shared the same upbringing and childhood environment. They might not have experienced it the same way as you, but they understand you and your story and how you became who you are.

Day 44
I am grateful for our military men and women and their families, for the sacrifices they make, for their bravery, courage and dedication.

Day 45
I am grateful for the miracle of pregnancy. I am grateful to have experienced it. I am always in awe of a beautiful growing belly and the amazing process it is.

Day 46
I am grateful for the passing on of traditions and the creating of new ones.


No comments :