Wednesday, March 13, 2013

40 Days of Gratefulness - Week 4

Weeks 1, 2 and 3 weren't all that difficult. But as I got into Week 4, I struggled a little bit to make the time every day and reflect on something new. I did it though! And the more difficult it was to pick something that day, the more I found I appreciated it after my reflection.

So here is Week 4:

Day 22
I am grateful that my parents saved so much from my childhood. A little time spent digging through boxes produces videos like Puff the Magic Dragon and Gumby, allowing me to share my childhood with my daughter.

Day 23
Growing up, we almost always ate dinner together as a family. Not just my parents, sister and I, but my grandparents too. No matter what our schedules were, we sat down at the table together. I think that played a large part in our family dynamic. And I am grateful that as an adult, I can still sit down for dinner with my family. I am grateful that Audrey knows that tradition of gathering, and eating and sharing as well.

Day 24
I am grateful for the beauty the night sky can hold and for the promise it holds of a beautiful day the next day.

Day 25
I am grateful for the opportunity to play. Life is short. It is important to let go of everything else and just have fun every now and then.

Day 26
I am grateful to be alive, to feel alive, for every single breath. Because despite our struggles, each breath is a gift to be here and to live this life.

Day 27
I am grateful to live where I grew up. I am grateful for the sense of community here and for the connections I have made, past and present.

Day 28
I am grateful for the roof over my head, a physical protection from the elements.

As we get closer and closer to Easter, is there anything this week that you are particularly grateful for?

No comments :