Wednesday, March 6, 2013

40 Days of Gratefulness - Week 3

Week 1 and Week 2 went by quickly and we've already arrived at the end of Week 3. Here's what I've been grateful for this week:

Day 15
I am grateful for the close relationship that Audrey and I share. I am grateful every time she says, "I love you, Mommy," or "You're my best friend in the whole wide world," or when she simply and quietly holds my hand. I pray that as she grows we will maintain this closeness.

Day 16
I am grateful for my health and, of course, for daily check ups from my favorite doctor.

Day 17
Today I am grateful for my faith, which carries me through the good times, as well as the times that seem unbearable, and everything in between. I am grateful for a God that is limitless in His love, support, encouragement, patience and forgiveness.

Day 18
I am grateful for chocolate. As with bacon, I don't think I need to elaborate any further.

Day 19
I am grateful for a good book and for the escape it provides. Nothing compares to climbing right inside another world, befriending and investing in the characters and leaving reality behind.

Day 20
I am grateful for my education. More than the actual facts I've learned, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to learn. I am grateful that I had wonderful teachers, both in high school and college, that not only taught me facts, but how to think for myself and question what I learn.

Day 21
Today I am incredibly grateful for the sunshine! I am grateful for the warmth and the promise of the coming spring and longer days.

That's it for now. Is there anything you are particularly grateful for this week?

No comments :