Thursday, March 7, 2013

Breakfast Quinoa

We love quinoa in our house. We prefer the taste of red variety, but have only been able to find the white at our local super markets lately. And while the white is okay, none of us really like it on its own.

For dinner a couple nights ago, we had some quinoa sauteed with sausage, onions, and peppers. Yum, yum! I didn't use all the quinoa I cooked, so there was some leftover in our fridge and I didn't want it to go to waste. I've made quinoa for breakfast before with mashed bananas, shredded coconut and milk, but I wasn't crazy about it warm. So I decided to try it cold leftover.


I added a splash of milk, a drizzle of honey and a handful of raspberries and blueberries to the cold quinoa, mixed it up and it was delicious! Audrey kept crawling up into my lap the first morning and asking for more, so the second morning I made her a bowl of her own!

No comments :