Monday, November 10, 2008

Knitting

I love to knit. The repetition is soothing. It keeps me busy but I can relax at the same time. Best of all, you can physically see your progress and when you're done there is a finished product to show for all your time and effort.

Knitting also produces great gifts. My sister-in-law is expecting a little girl at the end of January, so I'm currently knitting a baby blanket in pink and purple. (I'm so excited to be an aunt for the first time!) I've been wanting to start this since I found out she was having a girl, but with everything I'm working on for my sister's wedding, I just started last week. Here's my progress so far:


With her baby shower coming up on the 22nd, I have quite a bit to go!! I'm not sure I'll finish on time, so I'm knitting every night like a maniac to try to get it done. I'm hoping I'll finish it for the shower, but if not, I think I'll just take a picture of it for the shower and tell her I'll mail it to her when I'm done!


No comments :