Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh, baby!

I've been thinking a lot about babies since I've been knitting this blanket for my soon-to-be niece. My hubby and I don't have any children yet, so I don't really know what that relationship is like as a parent. But thinking about it made me think of this photo I took of my cousin and her daughter in February, when she was only about a month and a half old.


This is one of my favorite photos that I have ever taken, not because of the quality, or the lighting or anything technical like that, but because of the emotions that filled that room when I snapped it. You could tell that my cousin was so completely IN LOVE with her daughter. It was a very sweet moment.

With a bunch of the people I love starting to have babies, I get excited watching them with their little ones, wondering what it will actually feel like when I get to experience it for myself. It seems like it must be such an amazing feeling that it's almost surreal at first.

But until we're ready, I'm enjoying getting my fill of babies and observing them with their parents, and being able to hand them back to their mom or dad whenever I want!



No comments :