Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rock the Vote!

Today is election day and I don't think there is anyone in the world that is not interested in the outcome of this election. This morning I got up at my regular time and got ready for work. At 6:35am when my hubby would usually be driving me to the train station, we drove to an elementary school to get in line to vote. At 6:40am when we got there, there were only about 10 people ahead of us so I was very happy about that. The people started filing in after that, so I was glad we got there when we did. At 7am the polls opened, and we were in the car heading home at 7:06am! Not bad at all! I caught the 7:30am train into work and was in the office less than an hour later than usual.

The whole ride in I couldn't stop smiling though! What is it about voting that makes me so happy?! I asked little miss spy this when I got here, and she thinks it's because "we're doing our part." I have to agree, I think that is part of it. But I think there's more to it.

I think it also makes me happy because I have the right to do this and make this decision and even have a part in it all. That on top of me fulfilling my responsibility and taking part in what may be the most historic election of my lifetime, is a pretty amazing feeling!

And if that isn't enough, when I got to work there was a letter and gift waiting for me from a very dear friend. I have permanent smile today. :)

I don't care who you voted for, but did you vote today? Did it make you smile? If so, why do you think it makes you happy?

No comments :