Thursday, November 13, 2008

A silver lining

I have been trying very hard to stay positive about our employment/finance issues. Some days are definitely easier than others, but I find that the more positive I am, the better I tend to feel about the situation. I also find that even if I have to fake a positive attitude, it eventually helps if I keep it up for long enough.

Last night, I was doing the dishes and thinking about the list of about a gazillion things I need to do. That got me thinking about chores and how the apartment needs to be cleaned, and the chores I HATE to do. I don't mind doing dishes, and I don't mind doing laundry, but I detest ironing. *ugh* Just the thought of ironing makes me exhausted with boredom.


Then I started thinking that since my hubby got laid off early, I haven't had to iron! I usually only have to iron his work clothes and since he's not working, there's no ironing! It instantly made me smile :) And golf season doesn't start back up until almost April, so I won't have to do any regular ironing until then! woooohoooo!

I made lemonade out of lemons and didn't even have to fake it ;)

Do you hate ironing as much as I do? If not, what's your least favorite chore?

As a side note, little miss spy once told me that she loves ironing, it's relaxing for her and that she does it while watching tv. As a result, I tried ironing while watching tv and ended up swiping the edge of the iron right on my stomach, which led to a huge blister and now a nice scar! *hahaha* Where do you do your ironing and do you have any tips on how to make it less torturous for me?

No comments :