Friday, February 20, 2009

Golf, golf and more golf...ugh!

I'm sorry I didn't write yesterday, but I have thrown myself into my photography lessons, and I'm REALLY enjoying them!! I've learned so much already and I am so glad that I decided to do this for myself. Anyway, I have a little story for you.

As a Christmas gift to my hubby, my parents decided to pay for HDTV for him, for a whole year! It was a really nice gift for him because there was no way I was giving in to his pleas for something so unnecessary, even if it was only going to be $5-$10 more a month. So after Christmas, I called to get it all set up. It turns out there was a new bundle feature available, and to upgrade to HD (keeping the rest of our services the same) it was going to be cheaper than what we were paying before!! I was pretty excited about that, and my hubby was excited to rub it in my face and tell me that I should have switched it earlier!

So anyway, when I was on the phone with the company, the representative told me that in addition to the channels we were already getting, we would get a few additional channels in HD. She began naming these channels and named The Golf Channel. I sighed silently inside. For those of you that don't know, my husband is an assistant golf professional. He lives and breathes golf.

I kept the fact that we would be getting this channel to myself. I know this seems selfish and cruel, but I knew that if I told my husband, he would never change the channel again. And honestly, I thought he'd find it on his own pretty quickly, so I thought I was only buying a few days! Weeks passed and I forgot all about this channel. He found most of the other new channels, but never seemed to notice The Golf Channel.

The hubby actually went golfing with his buddies yesterday. Winter in New England is tough for him. All he thinks about is when he can get back out on the course, and he starts to go a little crazy. He'll talk and talk and talk about golf to anyone and everyone who will pretend to listen. The first day that is somewhat nice, and a course on the cape is open, they're there! (Even if they have to wear Under Armor to stay warm while they're out there!)

So I was home by myself all day. When he got home, we ate dinner and sat down to relax. And then, he found it.

He was so excited and all I could do was laugh. He looked at me so seriously and said, "You knew we got The Golf Channel in HD, and you didn't tell me?!" I looked at him just as serious and said, "Grey's is on, turn it back." I must say, the whole scene was pretty hilarious! But this, combined with his new recliner, causes a situation where he REALLY won't ever leave our living room again! And he will never let me live this down...


No comments :