Monday, February 23, 2009

"Not me!" Monday




Welcome to "Not Me!" Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

My Charming Kids is one of my new favorite blogs! Every Monday, MckMama posts some somewhat embarrassing things that she did in the last week, but she pretends not to have done them to lessen the blow! She then invites all her readers to do it as well, as a little therapy session. I've been reading her blog for weeks now, but this is the first week I decided to participate! So here we go...

Last Monday, I did not give in to my hubby and bake a sour cream coffee cake for breakfast because we're trying so hard to eat healthy and I wouldn't want to screw that up. If I had, there's no way I would give my hubby a hard time for asking for a second HUGE piece, and I certainly wouldn't actually give it to him. And, if I had given him a hard time about it because we're trying to eat healthy, I definitely wouldn't proceed to have a piece for breakfast, lunch, and dessert after dinner! Three pieces in one day, Not me!

And since there are only two of us, said coffee cake certainly would not be half gone by Tuesday morning!

After buying my hubby a new leather recliner that I knew he would love, I most definitely wasn't jealous of a chair because he wasn't cuddling with me on the couch at night anymore. And I would never, in a moment of weakness and sensitivity, pout about it and tell him that he loved a chair more than me. Not me! I am much more secure in our relationship than that!

The rest of the week, I did not sneak Sweet 'N Low into my hubby's tea instead of sugar, in an attempt to curb his sugar consumption after all that hypothetical coffee cake he ate. I would never be that deceptive to my own husband!

Also, being the perfect housewife that I am, I absolutely did not let the dirty laundry pile up for 2 weeks knowing that we were coming home to my parents' house yesterday and we could do it all here, for free.


Not me!! I would never do these things!



5 comments :

Kameron said...

The title of your blog cracks me up! Great job in joining the Not Me's!!

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

Great Blog Title...

Good job on your first NMM!!!

Keyona said...

Isn't it nice to go home to mom and her laundry room!

Sara said...

It definitely is Keyona!! :) I did 5 loads yesterday!!! lol

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

Welcome to NMM! It is so funny to read about you missing your hubby cuddling with you - soon you will both have your "places" - then you have children and cuddling ends up being something you do with them... or maybe that's just in my house? :)

No,
I am NOT jealous that you still cuddle with your hubby...not me.