Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not a happy camper...

*Update*

I realized I bought a 3 year extended service agreement (which I NEVER do) so I called HP. I spoke to someone in India (I'm assuming) that I could barely understand. She had me run some test in which the result almost immediately told her that my hard drive was completely corrupt. Meaning I lost EVERYTHING! Just freaking wonderful!

Apparently, all she can do is mail me a new hard drive that won't be here until Thursday and then a service tech can come to my house to fix it (hopefully that day). Have I mentioned that I'm moving Friday morning, there are boxes everywhere and I'm still not completely packed yet???? This is just what I needed today.

There are 2 silver linings in this, however. First, I did purchase the extended service agreement, so this shouldn't cost me any money. (Key word is "shouldn't," but we'll see.) Second, I just recently backed up all of my photos on discs so I didn't lose those. (I did lose all my documents and all my photos from this past weekend. :( Thankfully, I hadn't deleted the photos from my camera yet though!)

So now it's 90 degrees and I sent our air conditioners home to my parents' house because the new apartment has central air and I'm packing. Can we fast forward to Monday please????

*******************************************************************************

I went to bed last night and my laptop was fine. I woke up this morning and it was just a black screen. So I manually turned it off and when I turned it back on it says:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
Windows\system32\config\system

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm going to cry now...

8 comments :

Tricia Nugen said...

Buy a Mac honey! You'll be happy then!

GodseySix said...

Oh, no! I'm off to save my pictures to a flash drive!

I would be so upset, too. :~(

GodseySix said...

Well, that's a happy update...kind! You crack me up! (Which is pretty bad, because I'm pretty sure you aren't laughing right now.) But the India thing and the A/C & 90 degrees...just a tad bit funny to me. I guess because it is SO true! You can't call anyone for service anymore without being transferred out of country. Dish Network and Dell are the WORST!

Hopefully this will be the worst that happens this week. If so, you're not too bad off! ;) Happy packing!

Sara said...

I wasn't thinking funny so much! Ironic and just my luck...yes! But funny, not so much. Although I hope in a few days when this madness is over, I can laugh about it.

And the outsourcing is one of my biggest pet peeves! You are of absolutely no help to me if I can't understand you!! And trust me, I try to be polite and try so hard to understand. It's impossible. Not to mention the number of people unemployed in THIS country, myself included!!

Sonya said...

HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!

At least you are able to see not one but TWO silver linings in all of this. Good for you!! :)

Hang in there.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Fine, fine. I will sacrifice *terribly* and come to the warm weather in which you live, and help you pack. I am all heart. I will manage through the humidity, leaving the wet rain here. Besides, I love to pack!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Also? Amen on buying a mac. Esp. as a photographer!

Sara said...

Come help me pack?! Let's go! Hurry up and get here!!! :)

I may think about a Mac when it comes time to buy a new one, but I JUST bought this laptop a year ago. Plus, I really do love HP. They are sending someone to my apartment today to replace the hard drive. Sucks that I lost almost everything, but at least I'll have my laptop back.