Friday, May 29, 2009

Fix-it Friday!

I can't believe it's Friday already! This week just flew by! This week's photo for Fix-it Friday was taken by Jennifer over at Confessions of a Working Mom. It was a pretty adorable photo to begin with, but I had fun editing it!

Original:
Fix #1:
I use Paint Shop Pro 9 for all my photo editing. Here's what I did:
- Reduced the noise
- Adjusted the brightness and contrast
- Adjusted the color saturation on her shirt, eyes and hair clip
- Cropped portrait

Fix #2:
From Fix #1, I:
- undid the crop
- converted to black & white
- increased the contrast a little bit more
- cropped landscape

Happy Friday! Hope you all have a great weekend! :)


14 comments :

Project Ni Hao said...

I love the crop on Fix #1!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Very very cute. My hubs is getting me photoshop (full version!) this weekend so I can start playing around with the photos he takes. I am all excited to overdo stuff! Then, all your advice will come in handy, so the pic will actually look good!

Sara said...

Photoshop? LUCKY GIRL! I'm a little jealous ;)

Mrs. Frogster said...

i want photoshop! those fixes are awesome!

Sonya said...

I love black and white so that would be my favorite.

Michelle (KK) said...

Very pretty edits!

Mrs. E. said...

Oh I love the b&w!
And what a beautiful home on a great piece of property your parents have.
You sure had a fun weekend!
Blessings!

Betty Jo said...

Terrific edit Sara. Thanks for popping by! The name of your blog is adorable and I'm now a follower. ♥

Unknown said...

Love your fixes :-) her skin looks SO pretty in the black and white one especially -- great job!

Unknown said...

Great edits, I love the crop angles. Especially #2, looks like the cover of a greeting card =)

Erin said...

Great edits! I wish I had your skills!

Jen said...

This is my photo, so thanks so much for participating in Fix It Friday this week! I like both of your edits very much, but I particularly love the crop on the B&W! Happy Friday!

wife.mom.nurse said...

You are so talented!~

Joanie said...

Lovin' the landscape crop! I'm usually the first to go there, but didn't even think of it this time.

Great job!