Thursday, May 21, 2009

More questions answered!

Here are a few easily answered questions:
  • Would I rather eat choco covered grasshoppers or hitchhike?
This one's easy! I'll eat anything covered in chocolate! Hmmm, well, maybe not anything...
Anyway, I'm not much of a risk taker and have trouble trusting people I don't know, so hitchhiking is completely out of the question for me! I'd be worried the person that pulled over to pick me up would rape and kill me or something! So, I guess you should pass the grasshoppers please!

  • What types of books do I like to read?
I love to read! I'm mostly a fiction girl and love anything that just completely pulls me into the story. I'm not sure how to really categorize what I like. Some books I enjoyed are: The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel by Diane Setterfield, The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards, I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb, Midwives by Chris Bohjalian, and Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I also love The Giver by Lois Lowry, A Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh and anything by Jodi Picoult, James Patterson and Dan Brown. I have not read any of the Harry Potter or Twilight books, though I intend to. I didn't get into Harry Potter until I saw the first few movies, so I decided I would see all the movies before I read any of the books. And I know I'll be completely absorbed in the Twilight series, so I don't know what I'm waiting for there! lol
  • Do I paint my toenails?
You know, I used to always keep them painted. Then one day I decided I liked them better unpainted. So, in general, the answer is no. But, I do enjoy a good pedicure and will paint them if I'm going to a wedding or something special like that.
  • What am I going to do when I'm a famous blogger?
LOL Have you all met my BFF? She's hilarious, I love her, and yes, she's the one who turned me on to blogging! I don't think I'll ever be a famous blogger, but if that day ever comes, I think I'd probably stop blogging. I'm not someone who really likes a whole lot of attention. My BFF already knows that, but now you do too! And yes, of course, I will always remember you! There's no way in the world I could ever forget you!
  • What did I make my sister for her birthday and do I have pictures?
I don't have pictures. I was so concerned with getting it out in the mail so that it made it to her on time that I forgot to take some. I bought a really nice frame that had a spot for two photos. In one spot I put this photo of the 2 of us from her wedding that I just love:

In the other spot, I put one of my photographs that I signed for her. I had trouble with this part. Mostly, I wasn't happy with how the colors were coming out at the place I chose to have it printed, so I made several edits and had them printed before I found one that I liked and was true to what it originally looked like. Then I wasn't happy with how the pen looked that I used to sign it with, but I ended up sending it anyway because I was just being too picky! This is that photo:

Anyway, I really miss her, and I know she misses me, now that she's living so far away and I thought she'd appreciate this as a gift.
  • What is the craziest thing I've ever done?
That's a toss up between kissing my husband (who wasn't my husband at the time obviously) for the very first time and skydiving with my BFF! I'm heading home tomorrow morning for a friend's bachelorette party and bridal shower this weekend, so I'll try to find the skydiving photos and scan one in for you all to see!
  • Did I ever figure out why I rinse chicken? and Where did the name Why Rinse Chicken? come from?
Clever! I have never personally rinsed chicken! I find it a silly practice and completely pointless. My hubby says he's rinsing off the chicken slime, whatever that is! For more thoughts on rinsing chicken and how it came to be the name of my blog, please see my very first post!
  • What's my favorite color?
Hmmm...to wear: white or blue...in general: purple!
  • What's my #1 favorite comfort food?
How about comfort meal? I absolutely LOVE my gram's chuck roast in the pressure cooker, with her homemade mashed potatoes and fresh green beans! YUM! But if you insist on just 1 thing, it would have to be pasta with butter.
  • If I could do anything at this very second, what would it be?
I'd be sitting around a campfire with all my family and friends. Someone's playing the guitar and there's singing, laughter, reminiscing and s'mores. It doesn't get much better than that.
  • What's my favorite tv show?
Hmmmm...I can't say that I have one favorite that's head and shoulders above the rest. I really enjoy Grey's and Private Practice though. Some of the others we tend to watch are: American Idol, House, Iron Chef America, Survivor, Fringe, and Lie to Me.
  • What movie can I watch over and over again?
Actually, I don't like watching movies over and over again. It ruins the movie for me. The hubby and I do watch all the previous Harry Potter movies like a little marathon before we go see the next new one though!More questions to be answered soon!

4 comments :

Lulu said...

Try also The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffeneger

And you SO need to read the Harry Potters!! The films are good, but the books are so much richer and funnier and...LONGER!! There's so much more love to be had of the books than the films. And I love the films!
x

Unknown said...

Don't quit if you get famous! Instead, give me free publicity and do tons of giveaways. LOL. I heart you and can't wait to see you TONIGHT!

Katrina said...

I feel like I missed so much!! I stopped by and there were so many posts I needed to catch up on!

Gread idea with the questions-- The Giver is such a fabulous book.

Love reading through all your answers :)

GodseySix said...

Choco covered grasshoppers? Really? I think I'd take my chances hitchiking! lol!