Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I swear, I'm alive!

I know some of you are probably wondering where I've been since I said I'd be back on Monday. Well, on Friday when we were moving in, the Verizon guy showed up to install our tv and internet and the basement was LOCKED! Apparently, my new landlord keeps it locked and I didn't know it. He couldn't get out of work to come unlock it, so I had to reschedule. Originally, they were going to re-sechedule for Thursday, but I think the installation guy registered the pure panic on my face and managed to squeeze us in on Tuesday (today). The hubby was not happy about no tv for 4 days, and to be honest, I was a little state of panic about being without the internet! But it all worked out, and I think it was good to re-charge my batteries.

The move went fairly smoothly. My parents and maternal grandparents came on Thursday night to help with the move. My dad ended up getting out of work early enough that they got down here in time for us to load the moving truck once and get one load moved in Thursday night. We went back and loaded everything else up that night and had everything moved out of our old apartment by 8:30 Friday morning.

When we got here, we got the couches through the front door and into the kitchen but they wouldn't fit through the doorway into the living room. If I'm being completely honest with you, I freaked out. But my amazing father pushed them to the middle of the kitchen, told me to relax and concentrate on everything else, and call the landlord. When he got home from work, he brought his brother, father and one of their employees, and with all that man power they were able to maneuver it in such a way that it fit through! They scratched the door frame slightly, but they scratched it not us!

Most of Saturday was spent shopping for little things we needed and getting things set up. Sunday, we hung curtains and my parents and grandparents left around 1 in the afternoon. Did I mention that my hubby had to work Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday?! THANK GOD for my family!! I would have been a complete mess without them.

Yesterday, I hung pictures, did some grocery shopping and baked a huge batch of cookies for my landlord, his brother and his father for getting our couches in for us. Since my hubby was home by 3 yesterday, we watched a movie, made and ate dinner, watched another movie and went to bed early!! If you haven't seen 7 Pounds with Will Smith, you should definitely rent it!! It was really, really good! On the other hand, I didn't think Doubt lived up to all the hype about it.

Anyway, last night we got a confirmation call that the Verizon installation guy would be here between 9:30 and 10 this morning. Guess what time he showed up?

12:30 this afternoon!!! Nice, right?! So I sat here and wasted all morning. Then, it took him 3 hours to set everything up! Unbelievable! But he was really nice and we are all set now, so I'm quite happy. I know you all want pictures, but I haven't taken any yet. Things have been insanely busy and frankly, I'm beat! So, you'll have to wait just a little bit longer, but I promise I'll post some soon!

Oh, on the laptop front, I have some good news!! My dad's computer tech friend was able to recover ALL of my information from my defective hard drive!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! My laptop is still out of commission though. The new blank hard drive has been installed, but I am waiting for the discs to come in the mail so I can install the operating system. Apparently what happened is this: The laptop I own used to come with a pre-loaded hard drive. Since then, they have changed this to sending it blank with the discs. This is why I didn't have the discs to begin with! So they are in the mail, and I should be back in business soon!!

That's all I have to report for now. I am really tired and looking forward to getting back to some sort of a schedule and hopefully finding a job SOON!! I opened Google Reader and I have 257 unread blog entries, so I hope you all forgive me for clicking mark all read and starting fresh. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up without reading them!

Hope you all had a great weekend and are doing well! I promise to try to get back to some sort of normal posting pattern soon! :)

3 comments :

Sonya said...

I am glad that you are all moved!!!

GodseySix said...

Yeah! Glad you're back. I've been missing your humor! :)

Great news about the hard drive recovery. Looks like everythign is finally beginning to fall into place!

Bobbi said...

Phew...I was beginning to wonder...Glad you're in...can't wait for pictures!