Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Better late than never, right?!

Last Thursday night, April and Eric came over for dinner! We always love hanging out with them and they got to see our new apartment so it was a lot of fun! Eric drove home that night, April stayed over and Friday morning the two of us headed to our hometown for the weekend!

Friday, I spent the afternoon at my parents' house. I sat on the swing, read a book, soaked up the sun, and enjoyed the breeze and the beauty that surrounded me. There's no place like home, but I really don't think there's a place in the world more beautiful than my hometown.

Saturday morning, I woke up to another beautiful day and decided to take some photos of my parents' house. They worked so hard and put so much time and effort into this house and I think it's just perfect. They absolutely deserve it!





My mom had to work the weekend, so after that, my dad and I went out to breakfast together, took a trip to the bank, discovered my car was leaking power steering fluid (ugh), and built a walkway from the garage to the back patio. I'm such a daddy's girl and it was so nice to spend some time with him!

By the time we finished the walkway, it was time to shower, get ready and head off to the bachelorette party for one of my good friends from high school! We laughed A LOT and overall had a great time!




After a super fun night Saturday night, we had her bridal shower Sunday morning. She lives in Florida now so we only get to see her a couple times a year, and it was really nice to be able to spend time with her.








When I got home from the shower, my mom was working, so my dad and I watched movies together the rest of Sunday afternoon. We met my mom when she got out of work and went out to dinner together, just the three of us.

My parents were having a BBQ Monday afternoon, but I wanted to get on the road before the traffic got too bad. I helped my mom get all the food ready in the morning, and then I left to get April and head back around noon.

Overall, it was a really great weekend! I felt bad that my hubby had to work, but it was so nice to spend some time with my family and friends and just re-charge my batteries!

3 comments :

GodseySix said...

GREAT pictures, as always! Was that toilet paper being worn as dresses? Looks like ya'll DID have a good time! :) And your parents home is beautiful, bytheway!

Katrina said...

Great pictures! You definitely had a busy weekend but it sounded like fun :)

Sonya said...

looks like you had a good weekend Your parents house is beautiful!