Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fun alternative...

...to pasta salad!

I just love pasta salad! Heck, I love pasta period! But a few years ago, my hubby mentioned that he like rice salad better than pasta salad. I had never heard of rice salad, and he went on to explain that they always had it growing up, and that it was just like pasta salad, only with rice instead of pasta. He didn't have a recipe, so I came up with something on my own, and it's now one of our favorites!

I made some to get in the fridge for dinner tonight, and it was just so pretty that I had to share!

Rice Salad

Prepare 2 cups of rice and cool. (We love basmati rice so that's what we always use, but I'm sure any rice would work just fine!) Chop up 1 cucumber, 1 red bell pepper, and a handful of baby carrots (or any veggies that you like). Add chopped veggies and 1 can of drained chick peas to the cooled rice. Add Good Seasons Italian dressing (or your favorite Italian dressing) to your desired wetness. (I tried adding my own mix of herbs and spices, oil and vinegar, but we like Good Seasons better. *My secret, I always use apple cider vinegar to make ours instead of regular vinegar.*) Chill and enjoy! :)

It's super easy and super colorful and absolutely delicious on a hot day!

1 comment :

Sonya said...

Looks and sounds yummy!