Thursday, March 12, 2009

Arlington Cemetery

If you've been following along this week, you've seen my favorite family, flag and monument, memorial & building photos from our recent visit to Washington D.C. Today is day four in the series and I'll be sharing my favorite photos from Arlington Cemetery.

I know it seems somewhat morbid strange, but I find cemeteries intriguing. There is something beautifully calming about them that just draws me in. Arlington Cemetery is particularly moving and interesting to me. We spend quite a bit of time there last Saturday. Below are my favorite photos of the cemetery and of the changing of the guard ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

















I avoided descriptions today because I thought these photos were powerful enough to speak for themselves. Tomorrow, I'll be bringing the series to a close with a post I'm going to call details. It's all in the details, isn't it? I guess you'll have to check back tomorrow and see for yourself!


2 comments :

Unknown said...

I don't think it's strange to like cemeteries. They're quiet, peaceful, and they demand respect. There aren't many places like that. Plus, they're full of history and give us a connection to the past and perhaps people we love. Beautiful photos - all week.

Sara said...

Thanks :)