Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hittin' the links!

The sun is shining, the sky is as blue as can be and it's an absolutely G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. day outside. To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, the hubby and I decided to get out on the golf course and have a little fun! If you read my blog regularly, you know that my hubby is an assistant golf pro, so I was a little intimidated to play with him, especially since it was my first time playing on a real golf course!

He is a really patient teacher though. We've been to the driving range a few times and he thought I was ready for the real thing, so off we went! I went in with the mentality that I was just going to have some fun, but I did REALLY well!! I nailed my first drive and completely surprised my hubby! It was hilarious. I definitely missed a few shots and did this funny thing with my foot, but all in all I was more than impressed at my golf skills, and my hubby seemed to be too.

I had to take my camera with me of course. Apparently, this is not very good golf etiquette, but we were the only people out there and I had to have some pictures for my blog! *hahaha*

My hubby about to drive it twice as far as me!


Can you see his ball in the air?
My turn!
Click on the picture to make it bigger
and you can
see my pink golf ball in mid-air!
My hubby about to sink a putt!
Me too!
We had sooooo much fun!!!!
My hubby has been trying to get me to play golf for 8 years now and he was right, it's a perfect game for me. I love to be outside, I love to walk, and I love to spend time with my wonderful husband! Golf is something we'll be able to do together now, and as we get older. I have to say, it was a perfect day!


No comments :